Digital Krebs Viscometer
Brand: Sheen Instruments – UK
- The Digital Krebs Viscometer is used for measuring the viscosity of Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids. The viscosity of a non- Newtonian material varies depending on the rate of shear, but the Krebs viscometer measures the viscosity at a set speed shear rate which provides a consistent standard. The dimensions of the paddle conform to the precise specification of ASTM D562.
- Displays in Krebs Units, Grams or Centipoise
- Easy to use, lower handle and press read button to activate
- Constant speed motor ensures accuracy and repeatability
- Quick release chuck allows rapid cleaning and changeover of paddle
- Magnetic base for positive sample location
- Multipoint calibration across torque range for optimum accuracy
- Stores up to 9 measurements RS 232 output to printer
- Complies with relevant standards
- Dual Voltage operation
- A paddle is immersed in a vessel which contains a fixed volume of the sample
material. A constant speed motor drives a paddle at 200 r.p.m. and the torque induced is proportional to the viscosity of the sample and may be converted into viscosity (cP) or weight units (gms).
- Prepare the sample by stirring and straining into a 500mL (½ pint) container.
Ensure that the sample is at the correct temperature. Locate the sample on the
magnetic base and lower the unit to the level indicated on the paddle shaft.
After pressing the read button the paddle starts to rotate at 200 r.p.m. and
the viscosity is displayed in the unit of choice. The paddle will automatically stop
rotating after ten seconds and the reading is held on the display. Holding the
read button will keep the paddle rotating. Once the reading has been taken,
raise the measuring head clear from the sample and allow the sample to drain
from the paddle. If a printed readout is required, each reading includes the store
number, and the reading in cPoise, grams and Krebs units.
- Calibration: The 480 Viscometer is calibrated across the measuring range to ensure
optimum accuracy. The instrument can only be calibrated when a key (available
separately) is inserted into the rear of the instrument. This prevents accidental corruption of the calibration data.
- Standards: The 480 complies with the following standards: ASTM D562, ASTM D856, ASTM D1131.
- Ref: 480 Digital Krebs Viscometer with RS 232 cable and rotor
- Ref: 407/116/P Sample container 500mL
- Ref: 490/P Battery powered rechargeable printer.
- Ref: 480/019/S Calibration key, required for instrument calibration