PROTEIN DETERMINATION – KJELDAHL
Analyzing protein content in food, feed, feed ingredients and beverages
The Kjeldahl method is used worldwide as the standard for analyzing protein content in food, feed, feed ingredients and beverages. Typical analyses are protein in corn, barley wheat, seeds and protein in milk, beer, cookies, sausage, meat and flour.
In the Kjeldahl method the sample is boiled in sulphuric acid together with salt and catalyst. This very reactive and corrosive mixture puts high demands on the materials used. Also a well designed fume removal system is necessary to avoid damages on the laboratory inventories. An Exhaust together with a Scrubber is often the solution for this.
Analyses where it is important to perform the titration simultaneously with the distillation e.g. Kjeldahl put high demands on the titration system. The colorimetric detection of the end point is often the only possibility. Even tougher it becomes if the Nitrogen level varies a lot from sample to sample, then the unique Predictive Titration System improves the function.
OPSIS LiquidLINE, a division of OPSIS AB, develops and manufactures innovative systems for laboratories in the food and environmental industries. OPSIS AB has, after more than 30 years in the analytical business, taken another step to implement modern technology into wet chemistry and liquids. Providing innovative Wet Chemistry solutions to laboratories worldwide.
OPSIS LiquidLINE is certified according to ISO 9001 quality management system since 1996, and ISO 14001 environmental management system since 2000. OPSIS is an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory since 1994.
OPSIS LiquidLINE offers a complete arrange of products for Protein determination according to the Kjeldahl method;
- The KjelROC Digestors (DI-210-A, DI-220-A, DI-310-A and DI-320-A) for digestion
- The KjelROC Scrubber (DI-110-A) for more environment friendly and efficient digestion
- Kjeldahl Catalyst Tablets (KT-210-A, KT-220-A, KT-230-A, KT-240-A, KT-250-A) for more efficient digestion
- High Quality Kjeldahl Tubes for lower cost when analysing (TU-210-A)
- The KjelROC Analyzer (KD-310-A) for Protein determination or the KjelROC Distillation Unit (KD-200-A, KD-210-A) for Kjeldahl distillation, for later analysis with an external Titration unit.